Thursday, April 7

Posting a day late, due to Internet problems at the previous hotel and extreme exhaustion last night . . .




The Buffalo Barnes and Noble put on a great event; I don't have the final numbers, but I'm pretty sure we sold around two hundred books tonight, and the North Ridge -- Buffalo FanForce -- came out in force, if you can stand the tired half a pun, and we had our very first Chewbacca, eight feet tall and hairy as a Neanderthal on Rogaine. He was popular, too -- I signed one book for a B&N employee who called herself WookieeLover . . .

I guess -- unlike Princess Leia -- she WOULD rather kiss a Wookiee.

This event also saw the first Luke Skywalker of the tour. Just think: only hours old, and already walking, talking and carrying a lightsaber . . .

My TV interview was with a terrific kid named Colin, who was doing the interview for his school's CCTV news, and it was a gas. He'll probably end up anchoring 60 MINUTES.

The store manager had me sign the rest of the stock -- about 250 (!) more books, because he figured that when the article in the newspaper came out (I did a brief interview before the event) they'd sell 'em before the end of the week . . .

He also told me that as of tomorrow -- that is, today, Wednesday -- REVENGE OF THE SITH would be appearing on the Barnes & Noble Bestsellers list, which is very cool indeed.

Apologies to the wonderful fans from North Ridge for my abject failure to hang out post-event -- I barely managed to keep my eyes open long enough to get room service at the hotel -- and thanks for the honorary induction and the plaque; I'll be starting a tour wall in my office, and yours will be the first one hung, provided I can get it home intact.

Now I'm off to Washington for my first INTENTIONAL two-day stopover of the tour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great having you out, Mr. Stover. About the wings though, it depends on where you go. Being a Buffalonian I have to defend the wings, it's one of the few things we have! :p

Anonymous said...

Hey man....

Just thought I'd poke around your blog before you came to town (Denver) next week. I wish you had a bookstore where you could do a real Q&A, but I'm just happy we're getting a stop on the tour. This is normally "fly-over" country.

Anyhow, nice blog ;) You keep writing it, and I'll keep reading it. Good job on the Hyperspace chat the other night. I hope you're feeling well during the tour, and I look forward to getting a signature during your stop.